Portable medical electronic devices are the electronic equipment used in healthcare industry for monitoring, operating managing medical conditions. The global market for minimal invasive medical device is expecting the growth of approximately $24 billion. Increase in the aging population, and rising healthcare costs are driving the growth for this market. Increase in technological advancement will affect the cost of medical devices, which is providing a competitive edge for the manufacturers. For example, Rapid technological advancement in semiconductor is providing large-scale integration and reduced power consumption for ECG devices. The growth of global market for portable medical electronic devices is hampered due to security concerns in the device, and connectivity problems.
Introduction of home healthcare services, telemedicine facilities and nanotechnology has given rise to numerous opportunities for portable medical electronic devices market. The companies involved in medical device manufacturing are continuously concentrating on the development of cost effective medical devices. This report provides an in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by key companies involved in this market. The report also provides strategic conclusion for patents granted in last four years on portable medical devices.
Key companies included in company profiles are CareFusion Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, GE Healthcare, Medtronic, Inc., and Roche Diagnostics, Panasonic, Philips Healthcare, Roche Diagnostics, Siemens Healthcare, and Medtronic.
- The market estimation made in this report is by collection of primary information from respective companies involved in manufacturing of medical devices, and analyzing secondary information about current trends for period 2013-2020
- The report analyzes the key developmental strategies adopted by top ranking companies and tracking changes in trends for the adoption
- Practical evaluation of key market drivers and restraints with impact analysis are explained in the report
- Emphasis is laid on key factors impacting the growth of portable medical device market with value chain analysis and porter’s five forces model
- Patent analysis for different geographies with key clinical trials
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
BY END USERS
- Nursing homes
- Physicians offices
- Homecare patient
- Respiratory products
- Heart monitors
- Pulse oximeter
- Blood pressure monitors
- Medical imaging
- North America
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Medical device manufacturers
- Private research institutes
- Academic Institutes