Photoresist chemicals are the light-sensitive materials used in various industrial processes. It changes its chemicals structure when exposed to UV light and commonly used in photolithography and photoengraving to form a regular coating on a surface and also essential for semiconductor manufacturing process. Photoresists are categorized into two groups, positive and negative photoresist. Photoresists are available in dry film and liquid form. Chemicals which are used in photoresist are polymethyl methacrylate, polymethyl glutarimide, and phenol formaldehyde resin. Photoresist chemicals are used in semiconductors, alkali cleanser for electronic devices, and as silicon etching agent for micro-electro-mechanical system. These chemicals are used due to their unusual characteristics such as, high purity, applicability to micro-processing, and sharp patterning and etching on substrate. The growth of photoresist chemical market is primarily attributed by the growing trend of electronics & semiconductor industry coupled with rising demand of dynamic display technology. However, the environmental and occupational health risks associated with photoresists chemical hinders its market growth.
Global photoresist chemical market is segmented on the basis of its type, application, and geography. Types of photoresist chemicals consist of positive and negative photoresists. Applications of photoresist chemicals includes microelectronics, sand carving, fabrication of printed circuit boards, and semiconductor. Geographically, it is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. Key players in global photoresist chemical market includes Mitsui Chemicals, DuPont, Electra Polymers Ltd., DOW Chemicals, AZ Electronic Materials, Eternal Chemicals, and RD Chemical Company.
- This study provides an in-depth analysis of the photoresist chemicals market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- This report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
The photoresist chemicals market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography.
Market - By Type
- Positive photoresist
- Negative photoresist
Market - By Application:
- Sand carving
- Fabrication of printed circuit boards
Market - By Geography:
- North America
- Asia Pacific