Molded plastics are the plastics which can be molded depending on its applications. These molded plastics can be modified by adding pigments to its polymers. Molded plastics have a wide range of application in packaging, construction, industrial machinery and automobiles. Molded plastics have cost competitive techniques that yield efficient products and enhance the durability of the products.
The factors that are driving the growth of the molded plastics are increased practice of plastics in the household care products, rapid growth of plastic components in mobile phone and raised consumption of plastics in automotives. However, fluctuating prices of crude oil and government regulations regarding environmental concerns are hampering the growth of the market. Increasing practice of plastics pipes in constructing gas and new oil transmission lines is creating opportunities for the growth of the market.
Molded Plastics Market Analysis by Product
Molded plastics product market is segmented into molded polyvinyl chloride, molded polypropylene, molded polystyrene, molded polyethylene and others (abs, pu, etc). Molded polyethylene is the largest revenue generating segment due to its wide range of applications in automotive industry. In automotive industry, molded polyethylene is used in creating automotive dashboard, bottle caps, some musical instrument, wire spools, storage containers, one-piece chairs, mechanical parts, etc.
Molded Plastics Market Analysis by Application
Molded plastics application market is segmented into building & construction, automotive & transportation, consumable & electronics, packaging and others (stationery, clothing, etc). Automotive & transportation is the largest revenue generating segment due to increasing adoption of molded plastics in automotive & transportation sector.
Molded Plastics Market Analysis by Geography Geographically, market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. Asia Pacific followed by North America is the largest revenue-generating segment due to its increasing adoption of molded plastics in the automotive industry. Asia Pacific possesses nearly half of the market share in the molded plastics manufacturers market.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the molded plastics market are product launch, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would help in gaining competitive advantages and expansion of the market. The companies profiled in this report are BASF, Huntsman International LLC, Eastman Chemical Company, Chevron Philips Chemical Company, Reliance Industries Limited, INEOS Group AG, SABIC, and LyondellBasell Industries NV.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the molded plastics market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of molded plastics market. Moreover, brand loyalty is insignificant due to which intensity of rivalry is high. The threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products. In addition, threat of new entrants is high due to low investment.
- Analysis of the molded plastics market on the basis of various segments is expounded in the report, and segmental analysis is done to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- Recognition of various regulations that result in lack of differential products. In addition, segmental analysis would help to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- Identification of various factors that are enhancing and restraining the growth of the market that would help the players in deeply understanding the market
- Analysis of environmental factors that would create opportunities for the growth of the market
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market are conducted, which would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report; thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- Understanding the recent trends of the molded plastics market and opportunities that would open doors for the investors to participate in the market, which in turn would help in the enlargement and expansion of market
Molded plastics market is segmented based on product, applications and geographies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY PRODUCT
- Molded Polyvinyl Chloride
- Molded Polypropylene
- Molded Polystyrene
- Molded Polyethylene
- Others (ABS, PU, etc)
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Building & Construction
- Automotive & Transportation
- Consumable & Electronics
- Others (stationery, clothing, etc)
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia pacific