Macular edema is a condition in which the retinal layers around the fovea is accumulated by the fluid that leads to the vision impairment and also might lead to the vision loss. Macular edema can be of two types, namely cystoid macular edema and diabetic macular edema. In addition to this, the macular degeneration is a condition in which the loss of vision occurs due to the retinal damage and it majorly affects adults (>50 years). Macular degeneration is a painless disease condition that leads to the loss of central vision. Macular degeneration is of two types, namely wet macular degeneration and dry macular degeneration. Growing aging population has increasingly become an issue that leads to the growing number of macular edema and degeneration case, contributing to the growth of the market. The therapies such as anti-vascular endothelial growth factor drugs for the treatment of diabetic macular edema and Lucentis (ranibizymab) & Avastin drugs for the macular degeneration have played a significant role in the growth of global macular edema and degeneration market.
Global macular edema and macular degeneration market is segmented based on the types of macular edema and macular degeneration. In addition to this, the Macular edema market is segmented based on its type, namely cystoid macular edema (CME) and diabetic macular edema (DME). Macular degeneration market is segmented based on its types such as dry age-related macular degeneration (Dry AMD) and wet age –related macular degeneration (wet AMD). The global macular edema and degeneration market is classified based on the treatment into macular edema diagnosis and macular degeneration diagnosis. Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-pacific and LAMEA.
Companies such as Novartis, Roche, Bayer, Allergan, Ampio Pharmaceuticals and valeant Pharmaceuticals International are the leading players operating in the market. Leading players such as Bayer and Novartis are focusing on the joint venture strategy to develop new treatment option for the macular edema and macular degeneration.
- Market analysis based on the current market scenario and expected future trends to enable stakeholders take strategic decision
- Market estimation for techniques and geographic segment is derived from current market scenario and expected market trends
- Market attractiveness analysis has been included for the treatment types and geographic regions with detailed analysis of factors responsible for rapid growth of the market segments
- The report provides analysis of key drivers, restrains and opportunities of macular edema and degeneration market including its impact on the global market
- Value chain analysis, Porter’s five force model, top investment pockets (GE9 Cell Matrix) are analyzed and presented in detail in the report so that the decision makers can receive clear picture of macular edema and degeneration market
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential for the period of 2014–2021 in terms of value
Macular edema and degeneration market is segmented based on its types, treatment and geography.
MARKET BY TYPE
- Macular Edema
- Cystoid macular edema (CME)
- Diabetic macular edema (DME)
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry age-related macular degeneration
- Wet age-related macular degeneration
MARKET BY TREATMENT
- Drug therapy
- Laser treatment
- Implantable telescope
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America