Market Insights; Turkey Source Market Report provides an overview of the Turkey outbound market, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of the number of tourists departing from Turkey, where they are staying, their spending habits and future developments on the Turkey tourist industry.
- Over the past 12 years President Erdo?an has overseen Turkey's miraculous economic transformation. With this outbound departures have grown from less than six million in 2009 to nearly nine million in 2014. Although the historic period has been predominantly positive, recent regional instability in Syria and Iraq have hampered growth. Outbound trips increased by 12.2% in 2014, in contrast to 2013 where it grew by over 27.7% in one year alone
- With the continued conflict in Syria spilling over to Turkey in the border town of Kobani, the Turkish lira has depreciated by 26% against the US dollar and 31% against the Euro between 2013 and 2014. With the conflict's economic impact, the depreciating currency has been beneficial for the inbound tourism sector as it is more appealing to international visitors while for the Turkish population the depreciated lira has stalled the outbound boom experienced in recent years.
- A major change in European Union (EU) - Turkish relations will bolster the outbound Turkish market as visa requirements for Turkish citizens going to the EU are expected to be lifted by 2017
- The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the Turkish outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in Turkish outbound tourism sector
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Turkish outbound market
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Turkish outbound tourism sector, along with key trends and grow opportunities
Outbound Trips by Purpose
Mode of Transport
Main Destination Markets
Destination Focus; Greece
Destination Focus; Germany
Destination Focus; Georgia