Healthcare supply chain management deals with the informational and physical resources needed for delivering services to the end-customer. In simpler terms, the healthcare supply chain management consists of all activities associated with manufacturing, procuring, storing, and transportation of the different product types such as surgical supplies, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
There are several factors influencing the growth of healthcare supply chain management market. Companies determined to curb the rising healthcare costs have played a vital role in driving the market growth. Besides this, the demand for quality inventory management system has helped the market to grow considerably. Other factors such as better patient care as well as compliance with government regulations have also boosted the market growth. However, the factors such as high cost associated with the sophisticated software and time taken to implement the software have restricted the market growth to a greater extent. These restraints often result in unjustifiable payback period for SMEs.
The healthcare supply chain management market is segmented based on delivery model, software, hardware, end-customer and geography. Based on the delivery model, the market segments covered in the report are cloud-based, web-based and on premise. In addition, healthcare supply chain management software includes supplier management software, procurement software, transportation management and others. The hardware segment consists of barcode, RFID, systems and others. End-customers served by the market consists of healthcare providers, suppliers, distributors and others. The market for healthcare supply chain management is segmented based on geography into North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA) and Asia Pacific.
The companies active in the healthcare supply chain management market are adopting effective business strategies to stay competitive. Major brands are seen investing generously in research and development. Key market players are also seen eyeing the local brands for acquisition. Other business model such as joint venture and market entry strategies are helping prominent vendors to make their presence felt in the market and increase their product portfolio. Some of the key players operating in this market place include SAP AG Group, Oracle Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Providence Health & Services, Geisinger Health System, AmerisourceBergen, Intermountain Healthcare, Advocate Health Care and others.
HEALTHCARE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT MARKET KEY BENEFITS
- The market research study provides an extensive assessment of different market entry strategies and brand positioning tactics adopted by key market players to stay competitive
- Research techniques such as primary and secondary research methods have been used intelligently to outline the key market drivers, restraints and opportunities shaping the market worldwide
- The study further discusses about the policy amendments that are likely to determine the growth rate and market share
- Comprehensive study of recent launches, collaborations, acquisitions and mergers etc. highlights how enterprises are determined to stay competitive
- SWOT analysis of the market brings to the table the weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats
HEALTHCARE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Market By Software
- Supplier Management Software
- Transportation Software
- Procurement Software
Market By Hardware
Market By Delivery Model
- On premise
- Cloud based
- Web based
Market By EndUsers
- Healthcare Providers
Market By Geography
- North America
- SAP AG Group
- Oracle Corporation
- McKesson Corporation
- Providence Health & Services
- Geisinger Health System
- Intermountain Healthcare
- Advocate Health Care