Head Mounted Display is set of goggles with additional accessories such as storage, monitor, camera tracker, and headphones, etc, which are mounted on the head. Global display market is expected to generate $164.24 Billion by 2017. HMD display is portable in nature; therefore, user can carry them easily. This is major driving force to adopt HMD in many application verticals such as military, aerospace, research, gaming, virtual reality and medical practices. Increasing demand from the users to have compact and portable device is also key factor that leads to increase in demand of HMD. The weight of CRT display and temperature of HMD are major restraints that are limiting the application segments to adopt HMD. For manufacturers, it is a challenge to enhance some sensory capabilities without compromising existing capabilities such as safety, effectiveness etc.
Companies profiled in this report are Emagin Corporation, Sony Corporation, Syndiant, Trivison, Innovega Inc, Epson, BAE System PLC, Recon Instruments, Sensics Inc, and Nec Electronics Corporation.
- Impact analysis of drivers and restraints of Head Mounted Display market that are affecting the market growth
- Estimation is given for Head Mounted Display market for analysis period 2012-2020 by considering current market trends and future growth opportunities
- Analysis of top wining strategies are derived from companies’ recent developments and market trends
- Top investment pocket of Head Mounted Display application market that helps to identify the most attractive segment of HMD market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis to analyze the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of new entrants, substitutes and competitions
- Value chain analysis delivers key inputs to understand the role of all the stakeholders of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Relay Optics
- Control Unite
- Pico Projector
- Head Tracker
- Other (Helmet controller, combined mirror)
- Head mounted display
- Head mounted computing/ wearable glasses
BY END USERS
- Defense services
- Consumer market
- Video Gaming
- Argument Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Medical Practices
- Safety Services
- Training and simulation
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Technology investors
- HMD manufacturer, dealer, retailers
- Research Academies
- Government and defense department