Green packaging is a green movement towards sustainable packaging that involves usage of LCA (life cycle assessment) and LCI (life cycle inventory) in the manufacturing process in order to reduce ecological footprint and implement eco-friendly techniques. LCA and LCI involve documentation and analysis of life cycle of the packaging, choice of materials used, package design and processing. Green packaging leads to usage of recycled materials and in return, results in reusing more number of packaged components.
The drivers of Green packaging include increasing environmental concerns, raised awareness about the packaging waste, rise in disposable income and high energy consumption. In addition, soaring demand for green packaging is also due to increased awareness about health issue, and all these factors are contributing to the growth of the Green packaging market. However, the factors that are hampering the growth of the market are poor infrastructure of the recycling process, low awareness about the sustainable packaging & its advantages and some of the regulatory issues due to which, there are less number of chemicals present in the market. Increasing environmental concern that is leading to high demand for green packaging is expected to create lot of opportunities for the growth of the market.
Global Green Packaging Market Analysis by Packaging Type
Green packaging type market is segmented into degradable packaging, reusable packaging and recycled content packaging. Reusable packaging is further segmented into plastic containers, drums and other reusable packaging. Recycled content packaging is also sub-segmented into glass, metal, plastic, paper and others. Recycled content packaging is the largest revenue generating segment due to high demand of reusable package components.
Global Green Packaging Market Analysis by Application
Green packaging application market is segmented into healthcare packaging, personal care packaging, food & beverages packaging and other packaging. Food & beverages is the largest revenue generating segment due to rising awareness of the consumers about their health that leads to a rising demand for sustainable packaging from Food & beverages industry.
Global Green Packaging Market Analysis by Geography
Green packaging geography market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. North America is the largest revenue-generating segment due to relatively more number of health conscious population and increasing adoption of eco-friendly techniques.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Green packaging market are product launch, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would help in gaining competitive advantages and lead to market capitalization. The companies profiled in this report are DuPont, Innovia Films Ltd, Ball Corporation, Tetra Laval, Amcor, BASF, Catalyst Paper, Clorox Company, Berry Plastics, Printpack, Inc., and Phoenix Technologies.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the Green packaging market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of green packaging market. Moreover, brand loyalty is insignificant due to which intensity of rivalry is high. The threat of substitutes is low due to unavailability of alternate products. In addition, threat of new entrants is high due to low investment of the initial capital.
- The study helps to analyze the Green packaging market trends to provide in-depth understanding of the entire market segment and thus, helps the market players to make strategic decisions
- To find out various regulations that result in lack of differential products. In addition, segmental analysis is also done to identify the largest revenue generating segment
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the growth of the market that would help the players in deeply understanding the market
- Analysis of environmental factors that would create opportunities for the growth of the market
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market are conducted, which would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report; thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- To find out the recent trends of the Green packaging market and opportunities that would open doors for the investors to participate in the market, which in turn would help in the enlargement and expansion of market
Green packaging market is segmented based on packaging type, applications and geographies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY PACKAGING TYPE
- Degradable Packaging
- Reusable Packaging
- Plastic Containers
- Other Reusable Packaging
- Recycled Content Packaging
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- Healthcare Packaging
- Personal Care Packaging
- Food & Beverages Packaging
- Other Packaging
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia pacific
- Rest of the world