Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) control systems are the technologies that are used to control or prevent the emission of nitrogen oxides from various combustion surfaces. Nitrogen Oxides are poisonous & highly reactive gases emitted when the fuel is burnt at very high temperature in automobiles and various other non-road vehicles including construction equipment and industrial sources such as power plants, cement kilns, industrial boilers, and turbines. Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions are a prominent source of ground-level ozone formation and can react with volatile organic compounds (VOC) to form photo-chemical smog, which harm human health & damage ecosystem, hence the need to devise effective NOx control systems.
The emergence of global NOx control systems is driven by many factors such as stringent air pollution control regulations mechanism to control NOx emission especially in the U.S. & EU regions.The difficulty in controlling emission characteristics in diesel automobiles is a key restraining factor as it poses a challenge to any emission-reduction target by regulatory bodies. Furthermore, the wide penetration of NOx control systems market would be hindered by performance issues, such as limited operational range, which need to be addressed by key manufactures by designing high-end products. The framing of Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS) by Environmental Protection Agency in the U.S. further providesmomentum to the growth of the NOx control systems market. Recently, EPA has also offered supplemental findings stating that it is cost-compliant for power plants to comply with the regulations made to control emissions of NOx and other toxic pollutants emitted out of power plants. This will further enable the adoption of NOx control systems by large organization as well as those having less budget.
The report is segmented on the basis of types, application & geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into Fuel Reburning (FR), Low NOx Burners (LNB), Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) reaction and Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction (SNCR) reaction. On the basis of applications, the report segments the market into coal fired generation, gas turbines, incinerators,industrial power, petroleum refineries, and others which includes iron and steel mills, cement manufacture, glass manufacture. On the basis of geography, the global market is segmented into Americas. Europe, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
Key manufacturers of energy management systems are getting orders to devise NOx control systems which will make combustion technologies more efficient so as to reduce the emission of nitrogen oxide in power plants and vehicles. Regions such asU.S., Europe and China have witnessed huge demand of NOx control systems to clean up their combustion systems or face strict action by respective regulatory agencies active there.Another entry barrier for prospective participants is the significant investment required for the manufacturing, sales, and service infrastructure. Acquisitions and mergers is one of the prominent strategy adopted by key market players to strengthen their position in the market. New entrant market players need to overcome budget constraint arising due to capital-intensive technologies in nitrogen oxide control systems.
Extensive analysis of the profiles of key market players such as Siemens AG, Alstom,Babcock & Wilcox Co, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd, Ducon Technologies Inc, Maxon, and Foster Wheeler AG is offered in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a comprehensive analysis of the current and emerging trends in terms of new product offerings, untapped geographies, and growth prospects of key market players.
- The report analyzes the key drivers of NOx control systems market and its impact on development ofnew technologies, R &D activities along with offering an analysis of capital cost associated with each major technology.
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers a detailed overview of competitive analysis of the market across the globe in terms of prominent strategies adopted by key industry players to strengthen their positons in the market.
- The report offers a detailed analysis of the top factors market penetration through 2020 in different regions. For instance, the design of low-carbon technologies in automobiles equipped with diesel engine will help in further market penetration in Europe.
- Detailed regulatory framework in various regions such as UK & U.S. that will result in the adoption of NOx control systems is analyzed in this report.
- The report offers insight into region-wise and country-wise analysis of key market conditions along with providing investment feasibility analysis of new projects.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Fuel Reburning (FR)
- Low NOx Burners (LNB)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Reaction
- Selective Non-Catalytic Reduction (SNCR) Reaction
- Coal Fired Generation
- Gas Turbines
- Industrial Power
- Petroleum Refineries
- Others (iron and steel mills, cement manufacture, glass manufacture)
- Middle East