This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the South African Confectionery sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Confectionery categories and their packaging.
- The South African Confectionery market is forecast to grow at a lower CAGR of 2.4% during 2013-2018 than 3.8% during 2008-2013. The market is led by Sugar Confectionery through 2008-2018.
- Value for Money and Fun and Enjoyment are top influencers in the South African Confectionery market followed by Indulgence and Personal Space and Time.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets followed by Convenience Stores are the leading Confectionery distributors in South Africa.
- Flexible Film packs were the most used packaging type in the South African Confectionery market in 2013.
- Premium quality Confectionery will gain popularity in the 2013-2018 period and companies will use innovative campaigns to better promote their products through different media.
Growing disposable income among the middle class and urbanization will support growth in the South African Confectionery market. The majority of South African consumers prefer value for money products while premium Confectionery is gaining popularity, especially among the higher income groups. The confectionery sector growth is led by Sugar Confectionery, which accounts for maximum share followed by Chocolate.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Confectionery sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market, and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
Table Of ContentsExecutive Summary
- Macro economic analysis
- Overview -consumption habits
- Overall value -volume analysis
- Value -volume analysis by categories
- Market share analysis
- Key trends
- Private label vs. national brand penetration
- Growth analysis
- Leading retailers
- Key distribution formats by categories
- Key packaging material and type
- Top packaging closures and outers
Leading Players with Market Share
Data Appendix and Summary MethodologyList Of TablesNAList Of FiguresNA