This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of Ireland's Confectionery sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Confectionery categories and their packaging.
- Chocolate is the most valuable category in the Irish Confectionery market, whereas growth will be led by the Sugar Confectionery category
- Indulgence is the key consumer trend in Ireland's Confectionery market, followed by Fun and Enjoyment
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets are the largest distributors of Confectionery in Ireland, followed by Convenience Stores
- The overall Confectionery market in Ireland is dominated by major international players, whereas the penetration of domestic players is low
- Bag/Sachet and Film were the two most prevalent packaging types used in the Irish Confectionery market in 2013
The high disposable income of young and adult Irish consumers and increased consumption frequency is driving growth of impulse Confectionery purchases. Confectionery manufacturers can benefit by launching innovative, natural, and organic products in new flavours and pack types. In terms of value, Chocolate is the largest category, while Sugar Confectionery is forecast to be the fastest-growing category during 2013-2018. Indulgence and Fun and Enjoyment are the key trends that are leading to the growth of the Irish Confectionery market.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Irish Confectionery sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
Table Of ContentsExecutive Summary
- Macro economic analysis
- Overview -consumption habits
- Overall value -volume analysis
- Value -volume analysis by categories
- Market share analysis
- Key trends
- Leading retailers
- Key distribution formats by categories
- Key packaging material and type
- Top packaging closures and outers
Leading Players with Market Share
Data Appendix and Summary MethodologyList Of TablesNAList Of FiguresNA