Flexible electronics has witnessed significant growth in the last few years, ranging from the widespread application in exible solar cell arrays and exible OLED electronics which are fabricated on plastic substrate. Their demand is spurred by consistent technological development in large-area electronics. The Flexible Electronics is a segment of electronics in which the integrated circuits are built on substrate such as plastic & metal which can be folded, twisted, wrapped, or even rolled without affecting its function. The flexible electronic devices have started penetrating in different applications in the sectors such as consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, and power and energy, automotive and defense.
Distinctive features of flexible handling capability along with less assembly costs are factors that drive the growth of the flexible electronics market. Growing applications of flexible electronics in consumer goods industry is another factor that drive the growth of the market. The competition faced by alternate technologies such as LCD, Led and Printed Electronics is a key restraining factor that will hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, tedious & time consuming manufacturing processes is also a key restraining factor. High penetration of flexible electronics in multiple applications such as military, digital signage & energy harvesting applications are the factors that will offer ample growth opportunities in the market.
The report segments the flexible electronics market on the basis of components, circuit structure, applications & geography. On the basis of components, the market is segmented into flexible displays, flexible battery, flexible sensors, flexible memory, photovoltaics and others. The flexible display is further segmented into OLED, E-Paper and LCD. The flexible battery is further segmented into thin film batteries by rechargeability. The flexible memory is further segmented into Flexible Sensor, Bio Sensors, CMOS Hybrid Sensors, Photo Detectors, Piezo Resistive and Others. On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into consumer electronics, automotive, medical and healthcare, energy and power, defense & aerospace, sensing and others. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, and ROW.
Key market players profiled in the report include Samsung Electronics, Solar Frontier, PARC, Inc., LG Corporation, Cymbet Corporation, among few others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report offers a comprehensive analysis of key driving factors and restraints along with the impact analysis of these factors on the growth prospects of the world flexible electronics market.
- The report offers actionable information on the current market situation, expected future growth trends and key business intelligence parameters.
- The report offers an insight into the market expansion to untapped geographies.
- Value chain analysis offers insights about the role of all major stakeholders in the market and their SWOT analysis helps in branding & effective market strategies formulation.
- The report offers the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020 that helps in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive landscape scenario in terms of changing market dynamics giving a snapshot of market strategies adopted by key industry players to consolidate their market presence.
- Region-wise and country-wise market status in terms of key development parameters are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
FLEXIBLE ELECTRONICS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- World Flexible Electronics Market By Component
- Flexible Display
- Flexible Battery
- Thin Film Batteries By Rechargeability
- Flexible Sensor
- Bio Sensors
- CMOS Hybrid Sensors
- Photo Detectors
- Piezo Resistive
- Flexible Memory
- World Flexible Electronics Market By Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Wearable Devices
- Tablets and E-Readers
- OLED Lightings:
- Smart Systems:
- Green Cars:
- Medical and Healthcare
- Day-to-Day Health Monitoring Devices
- Core Medical Devices
- Energy and Power
- Defense & Aerospace
- World Flexible Electronics Market By Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- World Flexible Electronics Market Key Market Player
- Samsung Electronics
- Solar Frontier
- PARC, Inc.
- LG Corporation
- Cymbet Corporation