Consumer experimentation is fairly high in gum, so tapping into the most engaging flavor trends is a strong route to building novel appeal and piquing consumer curiosity.
- Consumer experimentation is fairly high in gum, with almost two thirds of consumers saying they opt for new flavors sometimes or often. This particular audience is most likely to be encouraged to try new flavors by their own curiosity or through a positive sampling experience.
- Given the somewhat functional nature of gum chewing, fresh/herbal varieties account for the vast majority of preferences; within this, however, there are regional nuances as to mint type, and beyond.
Flavor Appeal in Gum provides an understanding of the most appealing flavor types within the gum category and outlines consumer preferences for individual flavors in this market. It highlights key opportunities for flavor innovation within the category by offering a deep dive into regional and demographic-specific nuances using insight from Canadeans 2015 Q2 global survey.It delivers the critical what?, why?, and so what? analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Your key questions answered:
- Which flavor type in gum is the most appealing to consumers?
- Which countries and demographics present opportunities for flavor innovation in gum products?
- What factors encourage trial of new gum flavor variants? Does this vary by age?
- How does the appeal of individual flavors stack up against each other within a flavor type?
Reasons To Buy
- See a deep dive approach to the demographic and regional nuances in flavor preferences for gum products.
- Discover inspiration from product examples that showcase best-in-class flavor innovations in gum.
- Understanding what drivers the appeal of individual flavors within popular flavor groups in the gum category.
Table Of ContentsIntroduction
Attitudes and approaches to flavor selection
Gum flavor preferences at a glance
Gum flavor preferences by consumption frequency
Gum flavor preferences by region
Gum flavor preferences by gender and age
Opportunities by flavor type: fresh/herbal
Opportunities by flavor type: fruity
Opportunities by flavor type: sour
Opportunities by flavor type: dessert
On-trend innovation: Health and Wellness
On-trend innovation: Sensory and Indulgence
On-trend innovation: Comfort and Uncertainty
MethodologyList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A