This study explores how products can fail through a lack of clarity in brand messaging and product positioning. Brand guardians can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success or failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns.
- The launch of Beo highlights how Carlsberg sought to diversify into non-alcoholic beverages using its expertise in beer production methods. Despite this expertise they were unsuccessful in the product positioning and overall brand message to consumers.
- Women remain under-engaged within the beer category, making it difficult to attract them with a product that is unclear in its definition and positioning.
Failure Case Study: Carlsberg Beo is part of Canadeans Successes and Failures research. This case study explores the reasons behind the failure of Carlsbergs Beo drink.
It delivers the critical what?, why?, and so what? analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have underperformed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A