Objective of early toxicity testing in the drug discovery is to evaluate the safety of potential drug candidates. Relevant animal models are used to accomplish the procedure and validated procedures. This technique is ultimately used to understand the risk for humans by translating the animal response towards the drug. The early toxicity testing techniques has been introduced in the pharmaceutical industry due to increasing cost impact of later stage failures of drug candidates. The toxicity testing is classified into three types such as in vivo, in vitro and in silico. The in silico testing is done via data analysis using data mining and data modeling techniques. In vivo testing is more advanced as compared to other techniques, while the in silico and in vitro testing are in their development stages. Opposition of many environmental and animal protection organizations has imposed adverse condition on in vivo testing market. This would result in the increasing adoption of in silico testing in the global early toxicity testing market.
Global early toxicity testing market is segmented based on the testing types, application and geography. Based on the testing types, the market is segmented into in vivo testing, in-vitro testing and in silico testing. Based on the application of these testing, the market is further segmented into pharmaceutical, chemicals, cosmetics, food and diagnostics. Geographically, market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. North America holds a dominant share in the market due to the presence of large pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturing base. However, the pharmaceutical manufacturing companies are shifting towered developing regions due to which the Asia-Pacific early toxicity testing market would grow at a faster CAGR.
The key players operating in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientifics, BD Bioscience, Covance, Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad, Sigma Aldrich and Quest Diagnostics Corporation. These players are adopting expansion and collaboration strategies to increase their market share.
- The report provides key development strategies adopted by top market players to get competitive intelligence of their competitors
- The current market scenario and expected market trends are analyzed to estimate the techniques, application and geographic segment of the global early toxicity testing market
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- Market attractiveness analysis has been included for the application, techniques and geographic regions with detailed analysis of factors responsible for rapid growth of the market segments
- The report includes critical analysis of top impacting factors with impact analysis
- Value chain analysis, Porter’s five force model, top investment pockets (GE9 Cell Matrix) are analyzed and presented in detail in the report so that the decision makers can receive clear picture of early toxicity testing market
The early toxicity testing market is segmented based on procedures, techniques, end users and geography.
Market By Technique
Market By Application
- Pharmaceuticals industry
- Diagnostics industry
- Food industry
- Chemicals industry
- Cosmetics industry
- Other industries
Market By Geography
- North America