Since the Islamic Revolution in 1979, Iran has been a pariah state with acrimonious relations with Western nations for over 30 years. However, with the recent nuclear proliferation deal, Iranians will see economic sanctions lifted, making arranging and carrying out trips to the country far easier for westerners. Moreover, Iran has 19 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, giving it major tourism potential. As a result, visitors to Iran have increased, reaching 5.1 million in 2014, an increase of 4.2% in just one year.
- Currently, there are no foreign hotel brands officially operating in the Iranian market. However, with the economic opening brought about by the nuclear deal, Iran has witnessed a surge in hotel investments in the country. Major regional brands such as Rotana are already preparing to enter the market. With this, Iran is likely to experience a boom in Muslim customers from the UAE, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia as it offers consumers a familiar Islamic environment. Middle Eastern arrivals to Iran stood at 1.8 million in 2014, but they are set to become the largest source market, with over 2.7 million expected to travel there in 2019.
- With the economic opening, Iran has started to normalise relations with Western nations, most notably the United Kingdom, which reopened its embassy in Tehran in August 2015. British investors are expected to take advantage of this opening, shown by the large business delegation that attended the embassy re-opening ceremony.
Canadeans report - Destination Market Insights: Iran provides detailed information on the Iranian inbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Irans inbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in Israels outbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Irans Inbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table Of ContentsSnapshot
Main Source Markets
Source Markets in Focus : India and The UK
Source Markets in Focus : Kuwait
Market DataList Of TablesList Of FiguresFigure 1: International arrivals, by purpose of visit
Figure 2: Domestic Trips, by purpose of visit
Figure 3: Top 3 Source Markets, International Arrivals
Figure 4: Domestic and Inbound Arrivals
Figure 5: Kuwait Inbound Arrivals to Iran
Figure 6: Number of Seats Available/Seats Sold
Figure 7: Purpose of Visit, Seats Sold (%)
Figure 8: Room Occupancy Rate/RevPar (in %/Rial)