The East African region is going from strength to strength with over 5.4 million international arrivals in 2015, a growth rate of over 2% in one year. Although recent terrorist attacks have affected Kenya's inbound market, overall, there is a positive trajectory across the region with Canadean expecting arrivals to reach over 7.2 million by 2020.
The Trans-East African Highway connects the capitals of Ethiopia and Kenya, and is part of the bigger Trans-Africa Highway that runs from Egypt through Sudan to the north, and Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Botswana to the south. Several other projects are also currently being implemented including the Northern Corridor Transport Improvement Project and Lamu Port South Sudan Ethiopia Transport (LAPSSET) corridor. These regional developments will boost tourism across the region with inbound arrivals expected to reach over seven million by 2020.
Canadean's report - Destination Market Insights: East Africa provides detailed information on the East African inbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering East Africa's inbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in East Africa's inbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Kenya, Mozambique, Ethiopia and Tanzania's Inbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table Of Contents- Regional Snapshot
- Kenya Key Trends, New Developments
- Main Source Markets - United Kingdom and US
- Ethiopia Key Trends, New Developments
- Main Source Markets - China and Kenya
- Mozambique Key Trends, New Developments
- Main Source Markets - South Africa and Portugal
- Tanzania Key Trends, New Developments
- Market Data
- About CanadeanList Of TablesTable 1: Key Statistics, 2015
Table 2: Inbound Trips (in 000s)
Table 3: Inbound Trips (in 000s)
Table 4: Inbound Trips (in 000s)
Table 5: Inbound Trips (in 000s)
Table 6: New LCCs in East Africa
Table 7: Top Hotel Groups by Number of Planned Hotels, Africa 2015List Of FiguresFigure 1: East Africa, International Arrivals
Figure 2: International arrivals, by purpose of visit
Figure 3: Kenya, Tourism Expenditure
Figure 4: International arrivals, by purpose of visit
Figure 5: Ethiopia, Tourism Expenditure
Figure 6: International arrivals, by purpose of visit
Figure 7: Mozambique, Tourism Expenditure
Figure 8: International arrivals, by purpose of visit
Figure 9: Tanzania, Tourism Expenditure
Figure 10: Seats Available, 2009-2020
Figure 11: East Africa, Number of Hotel Establishments