Dental implants, also known as endosseous fixtures, act as foundation or substitutes for missing teeth that are fitted into the human jaw to help in teeth restorations. Dental implants offer an ideal option to people affected by periodontal disease, or any injury. Dental prosthetics offers a permanent solution for diagnosis and treatment of infected teeth and is largely preferred over endodontic treatments, driven by recent technological enhancements such as CAD/CAM dentistry.
The dental implants & prosthetics market is driven by rapidly increasing count of geriatric population across with thriving medical tourism across emerging markets. Increase in the number of people affected by dental caries and other periodontal diseases coupled with demand for cosmetic dentistry are the key factors that boost the growth of this market. High costs of dental implants and prosthetics along limited scope for reimbursement for the implants are key restraining factors that will hinder the growth of the market. Lack of awareness of good oral hygiene risk along with tooth loss related with dental bridges are other factors that would hamper the growth of the market.
The emerging technologies and advanced products along with increasing number of dental laboratories investing in CAD/CAM technology are the key factors that will offer abundant growth opportunities in the market. The high price of dental implants and prosthetics are the key challenges faced by prominent market players. Increased market consolidation along with focus of market players on product launches are key trends impacting the growth of this market.
The report segments the dental implants & prosthetics market on the basis of products and region. On the basis of products, the dental implants market is further segmented, on the basis of implants, into titanium implants, zirconium implants and dental implants market, by procedure. Titanium implants is further segmented into single-stage procedures and two-stage procedures on the basis of procedure, while titanium implants on the basis of connectors is segmented into external hexagonal connectors, internal hexagonal connectors and internal octagonal connectors. Dental implants market, by procedure is segmented into root-form dental implants and plate-form dental implants. On the basis of products, dental prosthetics market is segmented into dental bridges, crowns, dentures and abutments. On the basis types, dental bridges are further segmented into 3-unit bridges, 4-unit bridges, Maryland bridges cantilever bridges and Partial bridges. Dental bridges on the basis of crowns is further segmented into porcelain-fused-to-metal, all ceramics and metal. Dentures is further segmented into complete dentures and partial dentures while abutments are further segmented into temporary abutments and definitive abutments. On the basis of region, dental implants & prosthetics market is further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America, Middle-East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key market players operating in this market are Institut Straumann AG, Danaher Corporation, Biomet, Inc., Zimmer Holdings Inc., Dentsply International, Inc., 3M Company, Avinent Implant System, Camlog Biotechnologies AG, Osstem Implant Co., Ltd. and Biohorizons, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of this market.
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report involves the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing opportunities.
- Recent developments in government policies on various segments is highlighted along with offering insight into the regulatory framework impacting the market.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers the competitive landscape scenario in terms of the strategies adopted by key industry players to consolidate their market presence.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Dental Implants Market By Product
- By Material
- Titanium Implants-By stage
- Single-stage procedures
- Two-stage procedures
- By connector
- Titanium Implants-By Connectors
- External hexagonal connectors
- Internal hexagonal connectors
- Internal octagonal connectors
- Zirconium Implants
- Market By Procedure
- Root-form dental implants
- Plate-form dental implants
- Market By Product
- Dental Bridges-By Type
- 3-unit bridges
- Maryland bridges
- cantilever bridges
- Partial bridges
- Crowns By Material
- All ceramics
- Complete Dentures
- Partial Dentures
- Temporary Abutments
- Definitive Abutments
- Dental Implants & Prosthetics
- Market By Geography
- North America
- Key Company Profile
- Institut Straumann AG
- Danaher Corporation
- Biomet, Inc.
- Zimmer Holdings Inc.
- Dentsply International, Inc.
- 3M Company
- Avinent Implant System
- Camlog Biotechnologies AG
- Osstem Implant Co., Ltd.
- Biohorizons, Inc.