The Suncare market in Japan is forecast to register higher growth in value terms during 2015-2020 compared to 2010-2015. Sun Protection is the leading value category which is also forecast to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020 among all categories. Suncare consumption among Japanese is mainly influenced by the Added Functionality and Gender Specificity trends in the market.
- Among the analyzed three Suncare categories, the Sun Protection is the leading value category with 81.6% share by value in the Japanese Suncare market.
- The Flip/Snap Top is the most commonly used closure type, and its usage is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.9% in the Japanese Suncare market during 2015-2020.
- Shiseido Company, Limited is the market leader in the Japanese Suncare market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Japanese Suncare market.
- Added Functionality and Personalization are the major trends that are driving the Japanese Suncare market.
- Fast moving lifestyle and Job-oriented culture in Japan will drive demand for such Suncare products among consumers which are available in multiple convenient packs and are easy-to-carry on travel.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Suncare market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for After-Sun, Self-Tan, and Sun Protection with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Health and Beauty Stores and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal; container data for: Tube, Bottle, Aerosol and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Suncare products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Suncare products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on new products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Table Of ContentsIntroduction
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the Japanese Suncare market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Japanese Suncare market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Japanese Cosmetics and Toiletries market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Japanese Suncare market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Suncare market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Suncare market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Brand share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the Mega-trends
- For key trends in the Japanese Suncare market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Japanese Suncare market
- How to target the trend in the Japanese Suncare market
- How the trend will evolve in the Japanese Suncare market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- New products launched in the Japanese Suncare market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Channel definitions
- Explanation of sub-trends
- About CanadeanList Of TablesTable 1: Market value analysis in JPY and US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: JPY to US$
Table 4: Average prices (JPY and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Leading retailers
Table 6: Leading brands by category, 2015List Of FiguresFigure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Cosmetics and Toiletries, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Brand share by categories, 2015