This report brings together market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Prepared Meals sector in the Netherlands. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Prepared Meals categories and their packaging.
- The foreseen economic recovery is likely to impact consumer spending in the Netherlands which will drive moderate growth in the Prepared Meals market.
- Ready Meals is the largest category by value and is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2013-2018.
- Prepared Meals products in the Netherland's have high private label penetration as a result of value seeking nature of price conscious Dutch consumers.
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the Prepared Meals market in the Netherlands
- Rising health concerns due to an aging population and increasing obesity rates will drive the growth of Prepared Meals products with health benefits.
Economic recovery following the recession will drive higher growth in the Prepared Meals market during 2013-2018, compared to the historic period. With the increasing busy lifestyles, convenience plays an important role in consumer's product choices in the Netherlands which is driving growth of Prepared Meals products. Rising health concerns will drive the sales of products with health benefits. Though convenience remains the key consumer concern, healthy positioning will help manufacturers to lift sales.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Netherlands' Prepared Meals sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
Table Of ContentsCountry Context
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
Company and private label share
Examples of new product development
AppendixList Of TablesNAList Of FiguresNA