New Zealand's Meat market is forecast to register high growth rate during 2015-2020 owing to high income levels of the consumers and low inflation rate in the country. The market is being led by the Fresh Meat (Counter) category while 'Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts' and Cooked Meats - Counter categories are forecast to register fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the country. Tegel Foods Ltd and Inghams Enterprises Pty Limited are the leading players in New Zealand's Meat market.
- The Meat market in New Zealand is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% in value terms during 2015-2020.
- The Fresh Meat (Counter) category has the highest volume share in the overall Meat market.
- The Cooked Meats - Counter category is the smallest value category.
- The 'Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts' category is expected to register maximum gain in market share during 2015-2020.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in New Zealand's Meat market.
- Tegel is the leading brand in the 'Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed' category.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Meat market in New Zealand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter), and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Tray, Box, Bag/Sachet, Film, and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table Of ContentsIntroduction
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators - GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeaways
Market Overview and Consumer Demographics
- Value and volume analysis for New Zealand's Meat market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on New Zealand's Meat market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Volume consumption analysis by gender, age, education and urbanization - at category level
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in New Zealand's Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in New Zealand's Meat market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category and segment
- Meat market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Meat market by type of packaging closure (in volume terms)
- Meat market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- New products launched in the Oceania Meat market
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Consumer Demographics data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About CanadeanList Of TablesTable 1: Country Indicators - overall food value and volume, 2015
Table 2: Market value analysis in NZD and US$, 2010-2020
Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to NZD
Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
Table 8: Leading retailers
Table 9: Leading brands by category, 2015List Of FiguresFigure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 8: Category volume consumption by age, gender, education and urbanisation,2015
Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Meat market, 2015
Figure 11: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 12: Brand share analysis by category (by value), 2015
Figure 13: Packaging analysis - key packaging material, container and closure type, 2015
Figure 14: Growth in key packaging material, container and closure type, 2015-2020