Improving economic conditions with rising disposable income will provide new growth opportunities in the Portuguese consumer packaged goods market. The market is led by the Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) category while the Ambient Fish and Seafood category is expected to register the fastest growth during 2015-2020. Pescanova S.A. is the leading player in the Portuguese Fish and Seafood market.
- Recovering economy and improved domestic demand will create new opportunities in Portugal's consumer packaged goods market.
- Among the six categories analyzed, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) is the leading value category, accounting for 93.9% share in 2015.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for the overall Fish and Seafood distribution in Portugal.
- Private label products in the Ambient Fish and Seafood category registered fastest growth during 2012-2015.
- Rigid Metal is the most commonly used packaging material in the Portuguese Fish and Seafood market.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Fish and Seafood market in Portugal provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Fish and Seafood, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Fish and Seafood - Whole Cuts, Dried Fish and Seafood, Fresh Fish and Seafood (Counter) and Frozen Fish and Seafood with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2014
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Metal, Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, and others; container data for: Can-Food, Tray, Bag/Sachet, and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table Of ContentsIntroduction
- Report Scope
- Macroeconomic indicators -Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- Value and volume analysis for the Portugal Fish and Seafood market
- Historic and forecast consumption in the Portugal Fish and Seafood market
- Volume analysis by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by category with change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Portuguese Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in thePortugueseFish and Seafood market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Fish and Seafood market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Fish and Seafood market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Fish and Seafood market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
Brand and Private Label Share
- Penetration of private label by category in the Portuguese Fish and Seafood market
- Private Label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Market share of leading brands (in value terms) by category
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About CanadeaList Of TablesTable 1: Market value analysis in EURand US$, 2010-2020
Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to EUR
Table 4: Average prices (EUR and US$) by category, 2015
Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
Table 6: Leading retailers
Table 7: Leading brands by category, 2015List Of FiguresFigure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
Figure 2: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
Figure 3: Growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
Figure 4: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
Figure 5: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2011-2014
Figure 6: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
Figure 7: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015
Figure 8: Growth in key packaging material, type, closure and outer, 2015-2020
Figure 9: Private Label penetration by categories, 2015
Figure 10: Private Label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
Figure 11: Brand share by categories, 2015