While wine consumption is primarily driven by enjoyment and indulgence, new product development reflects the multifaceted motivations associated with buying and consuming wine. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the wine category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the wine category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of wine products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in wine from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to wine? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in wine and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for wine manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
Sensory andamp; Indulgence is the most important mega-trend influencing the wine category. Consumption of wine is a highly sensory-based experience combining an appreciation of taste, color, smell, and mouth-feel with notions of treating, escapism, and luxury.
Generation Y are the least likely to choose wine as their drink of choice, but there is a ripe opportunity to increase wine consumption among this age group. Sweeter blends and celebrity endorsements are just two of the methods being used to attract this segment to the category.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A