As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. This report outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the ready meals category globally, relating these trends to Canadean Consumer's TrendSights mega-trend framework and providing constructive insight for each theme covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 25 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of ready meals.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in ready meals, as well as their competitors.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where ready meals will be heading next, and what this means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in ready meals? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in ready meals and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for ready-meal manufacturers and marketers?
Ready meals saw $57.8bn in spending in 2013, with frozen options accounting for over half of that. Innovation in is rich and varied, aligning with much more than just the consumer need for convenience.
Canadean Consumer's 2014 global survey shows that frequent ready-meal consumers are 23% more likely to be male. This report's analysis includes a look at male-centric innovation, and how it can be improved.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A