As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. In the case of pet food, it is not the purchaser themselves who will be consuming the end product, but nevertheless the preferences of pet owners are increasingly reflected in the food they choose to buy for their pets.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of pet food products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in pet food products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where pet food will be heading next and what it means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top sub-trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in pet food? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in pet food and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for pet food manufacturers?
As pets become increasingly humanized by their owners, this is translating into demand for pet food that aligns with human food trends, such as "natural" ingredients and gluten-free pet food.
Pet owners are more experimental in terms of finding new and exotic flavors appealing, which is reflected in the types of foods they want to buy for their pets.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A