As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the pasta, rice, and noodles category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving the purchase of pasta, rice, and noodles.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in the category from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where the category will be heading next and what this means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in pasta, rice, and noodles? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in pasta, rice, and noodles, and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for pasta, rice, and noodle manufacturers?
A significant proportion of consumers believe carbohydrates to be one of the main causes of weight gain, posing both a threat and an opportunity for the carb-heavy pasta, rice, and noodles category.
Among the trends impacting the category are "skinny carbs," including high protein rice and pasta; "novelty," which is adding flavor, color, and fun to the category; and "super convenience," with innovation moving beyond focusing solely on speed by aligning with other consumer trends such as on-the-go consumption.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A