As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the gum category globally, relating these trends to Canadean Consumer's TrendSights mega-trend framework and providing constructive insight for each theme covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 25 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchases of gum products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in gum from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where gum will be heading next and what it means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in gum? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in gum and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for gum manufacturers and marketers?
Gum represented $19.7bn in global spending in 2013, with value growth expected to be strongest in the Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific over the coming five years. Women are 18% more likely to be regular gum chewers than men. Producers must engage male consumers if the category is to strengthen.
Functionality is high on the agenda for chewing gum, with innovation in energy, age-specific tailoring, and non-oral benefits gaining ground. Among the other trends impacting the gum category are flavor and texture changes, and steps towards sustainability.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A