As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the fruit and vegetables category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of these products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated 'What Next?' section explores where fruit and vegetables will be heading next and what it means for brands, manufacturers, and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in fruit and vegetables? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in fruit and vegetables and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for fruit and vegetable growers and manufacturers?
Around one in five consumers globally are limiting their intake of, or avoiding, pulses. There is an opportunity for the industry to raise awareness of the health and sensory benefits of pulses, as well as creating products that align closely with consumer trends, such as convenience, to drive consumption.
Among the trends impacting the fruit and vegetables category are the "snackification" of fruit and vegetables, as consumers demand healthy but convenient snacking options, and flexitarianism, leading the way for vegetables and pulses to take center stage at mealtimes.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A