As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior, it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the desserts and ice cream category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the desserts and ice cream category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 20 countries globally highlights the attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of desserts and ice cream.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in desserts and ice cream from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to desserts and ice cream? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in desserts and ice cream and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for dessert and ice cream manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
Consumers face a dilemna when choosing desserts; they are indulgent products that are designed to satisfy the senses, yet constant bombardment from news reports tells people to eat healthier. Industry players are responding with "better-for-you" ingredients, lower fat content, and smaller portion sizes.
Consumers are demanding customizable products designed with them in mind. This is providing an opportunity for dessert players to offer ways to customize, through toppings, sauces, and sprinkles.
Data provided in easy-to-use tables in Excel
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A