Carbonated soft drink consumption is primarily influenced by taste, but health is becoming more important amid continued negativity surrounding sugary drinks and artificial sweeteners. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the category globally, using Canadean Consumer's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the carbonated soft drinks category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 25 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of these products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in carbonated soft drinks from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean Consumer's mega-trends apply specifically to carbonated soft drinks? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in carbonated soft drinks and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for carbonated soft drink manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?
Sensory andamp; Indulgence and Health andamp; Wellness are the most relevant mega-trends to the carbonated soft drinks category, as consumers seek novel flavor experiences that align with their health needs, be they low calorie formulations, "natural" ingredients, or functionality.
Online engagement continues to be a key tool for carbonated drinks manufacturers to engage with their target consumers, and is rapidly growing in importance as technology and social media platforms evolve, especially as the young and tech-savvy are among of the key consumer groups for the category.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A