As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior, it is vital to understand how to shape products to best meet them. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the bread and bakery category globally, using Canadean Consumer's TrendSights framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Highlights the top five sub-trends influencing the bread and bakery category.
- Provides numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in bread and bakery.
- Future-focused analysis with key take-outs in each section as well as a "What Next?" section identifying where the category may be heading next.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to the category? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in bread and bakery and what does it look like?
- What are the opportunities and challenges in the category?
- What are the key areas of future growth for bread and bakery?
Bread and bakery represented $361.6bn in global spending in 2013, with cakes and pastries representing the fastest growing sub-category.
Key trends include "Blurred Lines," which looks at developing hybrid foods, and using flavors inspired by other food categories; "Veggie Bread," which explores fortifying bread with vegetables to overcome consumer perceptions of processed food, and "Redefining Occasions," which identifies opportunities to create unique consumption occasions.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A