As consumer trends drive innovation and purchase behavior it is increasingly vital to understand how to shape products to best meet their needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the bottled water category globally, relating these trends to Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework and providing constructive insight for each theme covered.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of bottled water.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase best-in-class innovations in bottled water products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
- A dedicated "What Next?" section explores where bottled water will be heading next and what it means for brands, manufacturers and retailers.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the top trends impacting consumer behavior and innovation in bottled water? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in bottled water and what does it look like?
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key considerations for bottled water manufacturers and marketers?
Bottled water accounted for $153.9bn in global spending in 2013, with still unflavored water being the fastest growing sub-category. Perceptions of bottled water are skewed globally, with the US and China being two of the highest value markets, yet having low per capita spend.
Among the trends impacting the bottled water category are the blurred lines between water and other, less healthful beverages, and the "wine-ification" of water, which sees products in the category being paired with food based on their flavor profile.
Table Of ContentsN/AList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A