Clinical nutrition products are type of pharmaceutical products, which help to keep patient healthy. They aid to improve metabolic system of the body by providing adequate supplements such as minerals, vitamins and others. Rising instances of chronic and lifestyle diseases and increasing population that receives malnutrition treatment are the major factors responsible for driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, rise in global population, disposable income, premature births, investment from major players & governments, and awareness among people are expected to drive the growth of the market. However, stringent regulatory scenario and tolerability issues are expected to slow down the growth of the market.
The clinical nutrition market is segmented by type and geography. Based on type, it is segmented into infant, enteral, and parenteral nutrition. The infant nutrition sub-segment consists of milk-based, soy-based, organic, and others. Enteral nutrition is provided in case of chronic illnesses; while parenteral nutrition is also called intravenous feeding. Geographically, the report is segmented into four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. In November 2013, Partners in Health, Abbott and Abbott Fund have opened a new nutrition production facility in the Central Plateau in Haiti. Top players in the clinical nutrition market are Abbott nutrition Inc., Ajinomto Co. Inc., Baxter International Inc., B. Braun Medical Inc., Danon Baby and Medical Nutrition BV, Fresenius Kabi AG, Gentiva Health Services Inc., Hospira (Pfizer) Inc., Hero Nutritional Inc., Nestle SA, and Perrigo Company Plc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world clinical nutrition market is provided.
- Geographically, the world clinical nutrition market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of leading companies for effective strategy formulation.
- The report provides quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and developments within clinical nutrition market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
World clinical nutrition market is segmented as below:
- By Product Type
- A) Milk-based
- B) Organic
- C) Soy-based
- D) Others
- Enteral nutrition
- A) Standard
- B) Chronic Illness
- Parenteral nutrition
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East