Most of the industrial activity in the Singapore cigarette market is centered around the import and re-export of cigarettes. The local market is only of a modest size, due to the comparatively small population, coupled with strong legislative controls on smoking. The prevalence of daily smoking is declining, with a significant decline being registered by males between 1992 and 2014, of almost 6.0%. Annual per capita consumption in 2023 is forecast 18.4% down on 2013 levels and very low by regional standards.
- The 8.3% rise in sales in 2014 was prompted by an increase in excise duty and stockpiling. The result is a market at 85.9% of its 1990 level compared with 47.1% in 2006, though this can be partly attributed to strong population growth.
- In 2003 the tax basis was shifted to a per piece basis in order to discriminate against lower weight cigarettes. Taxes were increased in 2004, 2005 and more recently in 2014 when excise duty was subject to a 10.2% hike.
- Annual per capita consumption in 2023 is forecast is 18.4% down on 2013 levels, and very low by regional standards.
Cigarettes in Singapore, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Singaporean market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents1. Overview
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects and Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
11.6. DisclaimerList Of TablesTable 1 : Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Table 2 : Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Table 3 : Cigarette Consumption by Type, 2000-2013
Table 4: Cigarettes by Strength, 2010
Table 5 : Manufacturer Sales and Share, 2000-2014
Table 6 : Excise Duties on Cigarettes, 1992-2015
Table 7: Retail Price Trends, All Brands, 2004-2013
Table 8 : Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Table 9 : Daily Smoking Prevalence by Age, Gender and Ethnic Group, 2010
Table 10 : Prevalence of Daily Smoking by Gender and Ethnic Group, 1992, 1998, 2004 and 2010
Table 11 : Cigarette Production, 1990-2014
Table 12: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2014
Table 13 : Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014
Table 14 : Cigarette Exports, 1990-2014
Table 15 : Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014
Table 16: Cigarette Re-Exports by Country of Destination, 2001-2014
Table 17: Cigarette Net Imports and Exports, 1996-2014
Table 18 : Consumption Forecasts to 2023List Of Figures