Panama is one of the smaller cigarette markets in Central America aside from the passing trade that is conducted in the free zones along the Panama Canal. Legitimate domestic sales have recently been in a sharp decline due to the 2008 public smoking ban and the coinciding movement of the economy into a recession. Consumers switched to contraband because of the hike in Selective Consumption Tax (ISC) in July 2010.
- There is a small cigarette market due to economic and regulation issues, which have helped the contraband cigarette market grow, especially after the government increased taxes in 2010
- No local production and the market depends on imported brands
- Due to factory closures, exports have an insignificant share
- In April 2008, the government implemented a ban on tobacco advertising as well as on smoking in public places .
- Per capita consumption rates based on legitimate cigarettes is low and in decline.
Cigarettes in Panama, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Panamanian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Panamanian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents1 Overview
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers and Brands
5 Taxation and Retail Prices
5.2 Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production and Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1 Advertising Restrictions
8.2 Health Warnings
8.3 Other Restrictions
9 Prospects and Forecasts
10.1 What is this Report About?
10.2 Time Frame
10.3 Product Category Coverage
10.5 About Canadean
10.6 DisclaimerList Of TablesTable 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2015, %
Table 5: Smoking population,1990-2014
Table 6: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces, 1990-1999
Table 7: Imports of Cigarettes, Volume, 1990-2014
Table 8: Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 9: Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2014, %
Table 10: Consumption Forecasts, Million Pieces, 2014-2024Lisst Of FiguresFigure 1: Methodology