The Pakistani cigarette market has been facing a difficult period in its recent development. Tax-induced price rises and problems with the economy have led to many smokers of cigarettes moving to the non-dutypaid sector.The market will continue to be dominated by two local producers, which are now owned by the majormultinational suppliers. The remaining 55-60 local producers have a share of around 10-15% of the dutypaid market although are unlikely to be able to compete on a national scale with the two multinationals.
- Growing restrictions on the tobacco sector, rising prices and the continuing problem of non-duty paid sales will hit demand. Overall sales are forecast to grow 14.0% in 2023, yet it is population growth will act as the main driver.
- PMI estimated that the total tax-evaded/non-duty paid sector accounted for a fifth of sales in 2011 and 22.0% in 2012. Of this, tax evaded sales were 18.9% of total market volumes in 2012 whilst smuggled sales were up at 3.1%.
- Forecasts remain positive about the prospects for the market over the coming decade with volumes set to grow by 14.0% between 2013 and 2023. After a slight decline in per capita consumption over the next four years, from 2017 onwards, per capita consumption is forecast to steadily increase.
Cigarettes in Pakistan, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Pakistan market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents1. Overview
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturersand Brands
5. Taxationand Retail Prices
6. The SmokingPopulation
7. Productionand Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1 Advertising Restrictions
8.2 Health Warnings
8.3 Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospectsand Forecasts
11.1 What is this Report About?
11.2 Time Frame
11.3 Product Category Coverage
11.5 About ERC - a division of Canadean
11.6 DisclaimerList Of TablesTable 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Table 2: Duty v Non-Duty Sales, 2010-2014
Table 3: Duty Paid and Non-Duty Paid Breakdown, 1998-2014
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Filter v Non-Filter, 1990-2013
Table 6: Market Breakdown by Length of Cigarette, 1998-2006
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Pack Size, 1996-2006
Table 8: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, 1998-2006
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales and Share, 2000-2014
Table 10: Market Shares of Leading Brands, 2002-2011
Table 11: Cigarette Prices (K-2), 2006-2010
Table 12: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2013 and 2014
Table 13: Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Table 14: Adult Prevalence of Tobacco Usage by Type of Product, 2002
Table 15: Use of Tobacco by Gender(1), 2012-13
Table 16: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014
Table 17: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Table 18: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Table 19: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Table 20: Exports by Country of Destination, 2001-2005 and 2007-2013
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts to 2023List Of Figures