Lebanon is one of the more developed markets for cigarettes in the Middle East. From 2010 to 2013 cigarette sales grew strongly, boosted by cross border demand; however, the market dropped back to 12.1 billion pieces in 2013 and then declined by a further 2.8% to 11.8 billion pieces in 2014. Per capita consumption is forecast to rise by 13.4% to 2,272 pieces/year by 2024.
- Duty paid volumes were reported to have fallen by 2.8% to 11.8 billion pieces in 2014, but were still more than eight times the level prevailing in 1990 and 64.6% up on sales in 2000. A further 2.4% fall to 11.5 billion pieces was projected for 2015
- Cigarettes are by far the most important use for tobacco, but the smoking of nargileh, or water pipes (which in Lebanon is also known as the tombac), is also widespread
- RLTT is the country's exclusive importer, as well as being responsible for the distribution of goods and the processing/manufacture of tobacco products
Cigarettes in Lebanon is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Lebanese market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Lebanese market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents1. Appendix
1.1. What is this Report About?
1.2. Time Frame
1.3. Product Category Coverage
1.5. About Canadean
1.6. DisclaimerList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresFigure 1: Methodology