The Indian cigarette market is extremely price sensitive and consequently future market development will depend heavily on the prevailing tax regime and any further changes to this as well as the general economic climate. As levels of disposable income rise, longer term, consumers may be able to trade up along the well-established ladder of tobacco products, according to affordability, with cigarettes remaining the ultimate aspiration of many smokers.
- Domestic production dominates the market as imported cigarettes remain beyond the purchasing power of the vast majority of potential consumers. Overall production is estimated to have declined by 2.0% in 2013/14.
- Four local producers dominate the cigarette market, accounting for a combined share of around 98% of the duty paid market. ITC is by far the leading supplier holding a volume share of 75.7% in 2013-14 and is even more dominant in value terms.
- Legitimate duty paid market volume is forecast to fall over the next tax year but recover from 2017 onwards - a drop of 3.1% against 2013/14 levels.
Cigarettes in India, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents1. Overview
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers and Brands
5. Taxation and Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects and Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
11.6. DisclaimerList Of TablesTable 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type and Length of Cigarette, 2000-2013
Table 4: Development of Key Cigarette Segments, 2012/13-2013-14
Table 5: Market Breakdown, Filter v Plain, 2000-2013
Table 6: Market Breakdown by Pack Size, 2000-2007
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, 2000-2007
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Table 9: Revenue from Cigarette Operations, 2012/13 and 2013/14
Table 10: Leading Manufacturers, Capacity and Output, 2010/11
Table 11: Output of Leading Producers, 2002-2010
Table 12: Domestic Excise and Other Duty Rates for 2013/14
Table 13: Excise Duty Rates on Cigarettes, 2005-2014
Table 14: Taxation on Imported Cigarettes, 2015
Table 15: ITC: Selected Retail Prices, 2013
Table 16: Average Price of Tobacco Products in Rural Areas, December 2012
Table 17: Cigarette Price Increases, Selected Brands, 2015
Table 18: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 19: Current Tobacco Smokers by Age, Residence and Gender, 2009-10
Table 20: Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Table 21: Cigarette Production - Large and Medium Sized Enterprises, 1990-2013
Table 22: Cigarette Imports, 1992-2013
Table 23: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Table 24: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2013
Table 25: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Table 26: TBI: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, Volume, 2007/08-2012/13
Table 27: TBI: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, Value,2007/08-2012/13
Table 28: Consumption Forecasts to 2023List Of Figures