The market has almost doubled in size since 1990; however, sales have been largely declining since 2006, due to a combination of rising prices, restrictions on smoking in public places, and very recently, a surge in non-duty paid sales. The market is characterized by full flavor, king size filter products that are mostly local American blend types. The vast majority of products sold originate from either Guatemala or Honduras, which are the respective bases of PMI and BAT.
- Guatemala is the largest and most populous of the Central American countries but it has a comparatively small cigarette market that is currently showing signs of decline
- The presence of contraband remains a major problem in the Guatemalan market. Belize and the Corozal Free Trade Zone are the main sources for contraband cigarettes entering Guatemala, and Paraguay, China, and Vietnam are the main suppliers.
- The market is dominated by blond cigarettes; the majority are local blend, with a moderate and slowly expanding presence for international American blend brands and regional brands.
- The market is dominated by filter cigarettes, the vast majority being long size filter products.
Cigarettes in Guatemala, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Guatemala market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Guatemala market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents1 Overview
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers and Brands
5 Taxation and Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production and Trade
7.3. Exports/ Re-Exports
8 Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9 Prospects and Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
10.5. About Canadean
10.6. DisclaimerList Of TablesTable 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid, 2009-2014, Million Pieces, 2009-2014
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2015, %
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 7: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014, million pieces
Table 8: Cigarette Imports, 1993-2014
Table 9: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2001-2014, Million pieces
Table 10: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2001-2014, %
Table 11: Cigarette Exports/Re-Exports, 1990-2014, Million Pieces
Table 12: Export by Country of Destination, 2000-2014,Million Pieces
Table 13: Export by Country of Destination, 2000-2014,%
Table 14: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2014-2024Lisst Of FiguresFigure 1: Methodology