Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. According to the World Health Organization, about 8.2 million deaths occurred in 2012 due to cancer. The most common kinds of cancer which tend to result in death are lung cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer and oesophageal cancer. Apart from the mature chemotherapy market, biotherapy has emerged as a new approach for cancer treatment. Biotherapy boosts the body’s immune system to slow or stop the growth of cancer cells. Growing demand for personalized medicine and the introduction of novel approaches are expected to drive the market growth. Astra Zeneca PLC, Biogen IDEC, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Sanofi, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, Schering-Plough and Roche are some players in this market.
The cancer therapeutics and biotherapeutic market is segmented into technology and geography. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy and biotherapy. Chemotherapy includes alkylating agents, cytotoxic agents, antimetabolites, plant derivatives and others. Radiation therapy comprises of Intraoperative radiotherapy, external beam radiation therapy, brachytherapy and radioisotope therapy. Hormonal therapy consists of hormone antagonists, corticosteroids, aromatase inhibitors, and selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs.) Biotherapy includes monoclonal antibodies, interleukins, kinases and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- The report provides in-depth analysis of the Cancer therapeutics and Biotherapeutic market, which is segmented into technology and geography to provide a better understanding of the market.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market scenario as well as future estimations through 2013-2020 would help stakeholders understand the future prospects of the market.
- The report analyses the factors that are driving and limiting the growth of market.
- Analysis of trends in various regions would help the companies to plan their strategies depending on the region.
- Analysis of key strategies adopted by market players would assist in providing in-depth understanding of market intelligence.
Key Market Segments
Market by Technology
- Alkylating Agents
- Cytotoxic agents
- Plant derivatives
- Radiation Therapy
- Intraoperative radiotherapy,
- External beam radiation therapy
- Radioisotope therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Hormone antagonists
- Aromatase inhibitor
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs)
- Monoclonal antibodies
Market by Geography
- North America