Rising incidences of breast cancer led by public and private initiatives to increase awareness about early breast cancer screening methods are the factors that create growth opportunities in breast imaging technologies market. Technological enhancements in breast imaging modalities and government funding for breast cancer treatment and patronizing R&D activities along with increasing demand for use of minimal doses of radiation are the factors that are expected to drive the breast imaging technologies market across the globe. However, risk of side effects from radiation exposure and high cost in installing breast imaging systems coupled with frequent errors found screening methods and diagnosis may hamper the growth of this market. Moreover, emerging economies such as China and India are creating growth opportunities for the breast imaging technologies market in these regions. Stringent regulatory approval procedures along with detection of cancer in women with dense breast tissue are the key market challenges faced by market players.
The report segments the market on the basis of types and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into ionizing breast imaging technologies market and non-ionizing breast imaging technologies market. The ionizing breast imaging technologies market is further segmented into analog mammography, full-field digital mammography (FFDM), 3D breast tomosynthesis, positron emission tomography/computed tomography (Pet/CT), molecular breast imaging/breast-specific gamma imaging (MBI/BSGI), cone beam computed tomography (CBCT), positron emission mammography (PEM). The non-ionizing breast imaging technologies market is further segmented into breast MRI market, breast ultrasound market, optical imaging market, whole breast ultrasound market and breast theromography market. On the basis of geography, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key market players are Aurora Imaging Technology, Inc., Dilon Technologies, Inc., Gamma Medica, Inc, Dune Medical Devices, Ge Healthcare (A part of General Electric Company) Hologic, Inc., Philips Healthcare (A Part of Konninklijke Philips N.V.), Siemens Healthcare (A Part of Siemens AG), Sonocine, Inc. and Toshiba Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends, key market challenges and emerging avenues for the growth of this market across the globe.
- The report offers latest technological innovations and the recent R&D developments.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers detailed segmentation and analyzes the key segments in terms of market size by value and volume and country-level analysis to provide an in-depth understanding of the market.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Type
- Ionizing Breast Imaging Technologies Market
- Analog Mammography Market
- Full-Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) Market
- 3D Breast Tomosynthesis Market
- Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography (Pet/CT) Market
- Molecular Breast Imaging/Breast-Specific Gamma Imaging (MBI/BSGI) Market
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Market
- Positron Emisssion Mammography (PEM) Market
- Non-Ionizing Breast Imaging Technologies Market
- Breast MRI Market
- Breast Ultrasound Market
- Optical Imaging Market
- Whole Breast Ultrasound Market
- Breast theromography Market
- By Region
- North America
- Key Market Players
- Aurora Imaging Technology, Inc.
- Dilon Technologies, Inc.
- Gamma Medica, Inc.
- Dune Medical Devices
- Ge Healthcare (A part of General Electric Company)
- Hologic, Inc.
- Philips Healthcare (A Part of Konninklijke Philips N.V.)
- Siemens Healthcare (A Part of Siemens AG)
- Sonocine, Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation.