Brake system is a mechanical, electronic or hydraulic device which uses friction or heat to stop or reduce the speed of a vehicle. It helps drivers to have better control over vehicle and avoid accidents. The advancement in brake system such as anti-lock braking system enables drivers to have better control by preventing lock-ups and skidding. Increasing cases of accidents and fatalities enforced governments to implement stringent safety regulations and reduce stopping distances. Technological advancements and innovations present new avenues in brake system.
Increasing vehicle production, rising safety concerns, and growing locomotive and rolling stock market fuels the growth of the market. However, low penetration of advanced braking systems in high-growth regions such as China and India are factors restraining the growth of the market. Introduction of by-wire technologies in brake system and regenerative braking system create opportunities for growth in the market.
The global brake system market is segmented based on application, type, technology, rolling stock & locomotive, and geography. The application segment includes PC, LCV, HCV, off-highway, wagon, RTV and locomotive. The market is classified based on type into disc and drum. The technology segment is classified into ABS, TCS, ESC, and EBD. On the basis of rolling stock & locomotive, the market is further categorized into Air, EP, ECP, and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Asia-Oceania, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW).
The leading manufacturers operating in the market are ZF TRW Automotive Holdings Corporation, Continental AG, Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd., Akebono Brake Industry Co. Ltd., Haldex AB, Knorr-Bremse AG, Nissin Kogyo Co. Ltd., Mando Corporation, Brembo S.P.A., and Federal-Mogul Holdings Corporation. They have implemented various strategies, such as partnerships, expansions, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and others in order to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the global brake system market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An extensive analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current status of market.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the global brake system market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an exhaustive information about new product launches, research and recent developments of the global brake system market.
- Geographically, the global brake system market is segmented into North America, Asia-Oceania, Europe, and Rest of the World (RoW).
BRAKE SYSTEM KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Brake System Market By Application
- Brake System Market By Type
- Brake System Market By Technology
- Brake System Market By Rolling Stock & Locomotive
- Brake System Market By Geography
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Key Market Players:
- ZF TRW Automotive Holdings Corporation
- Continental AG
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- Akebono Brake Industry Co. Ltd.
- Haldex AB
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- Nissin Kogyo Co. Ltd.
- Mando Corporation
- Brembo S.P.A.
- Federal-Mogul Holdings Corporation