The Vietnamese baby food market has been growing rapidly over the last few years, family incomes have increased as a result of the expanding economy and more women have been drawn into the urban workplace. These mothers have increasingly found they have less time to spend preparing food and less time to spend with their young children. This, coupled with the greater availability of prepared baby food in modern retail outlets, has fuelled strong growth in the baby food market.
- Milks constitute the bulk of the market, although high volume growth has also been registered in cereals/dried meals as well as in the still small meals and others sector.
- Growth in both value and volume terms has been strong in all three major sectors. Volume sales have risen by 50% over the period 2008 to 2014, with milks rising by 53%, meals and others by 51% and cereals by 40%.
- Baby milks will continue to dominate the market, and should show significant growth, although other sectors are expected to expand faster in value terms as a result of the 2015 setback in the milks sector.
Baby Food in Vietnam is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Vietnam market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table Of Contents1. Executive Summary
1.1. Major Developments
1.2. Market Structure
1.3. Per Capita
1.5. The Suppliers
1.6. The Future
2. Background to the Market
2.1.1. Live Birth Rates
2.1.2. Live Births by Region
2.1.3. The Baby Population
2.2. The Consumer
2.2.1. Living Standards
2.2.2. Eating Habits
2.3. Socio-Demographic Trends
2.3.1. Family Structure
2.3.2. Women of Childbearing Age
2.4. Female Employment
2.4.1. Working Women
2.4.2. Maternity Legislation
2.5. Breastfeeding Trends
2.5.1. Breastfeeding Promotion
2.5.2. Breastfeeding Prevalence
2.6.1. Marketing Legislation
2.6.2. Food Safety
2.6.3. Price Controls
2.6.4. Import Regulations
3. Market Profile
3.1.2. Key Features and Developments
3.2. Baby Milk
3.2.1. Key Features and Developments
3.2.2. Per Capita Trends
3.2.3. Sector Segmentation
3.2.4. Manufacturers and Brands
3.3. Baby Cereals and Dried Meals
3.3.1. Key Features and Developments
3.3.2. Per Capita Trends
3.3.3. Market Segmentation
3.3.4. Manufacturers and Brands
3.4. Baby Meals and Other Baby Food
3.4.1. Key Features and Developments
3.4.2. Per Capita Trends
3.4.3. Sector Segmentation
3.4.4. Manufacturers and Brands
4.1. Retail Structure
4.2. Baby Food Retailing
5. The Suppliers
5.1. Company Profiles
5.1.2. Abbott SA
5.1.3. Friesland Campina Dutch Lady Vietnam
5.1.4. Vietnam Dairy Products Joint-Stock Company - Vinamilk
5.1.5. Nestlé Vietnam Ltd
5.1.6. Mead Johnson Vietnam Company Ltd
5.1.8. Dumex Vietnam (Danone)
5.1.9. Other Manufacturers
6. Production and Foreign Trade
7. The Future
7.1. Future Determinants
7.1.1. Live Birth Trends
7.1.2. Consumer Attitudes
7.2. Future Trends
8. Economic Background
8.1. Political and Economic Summary
8.2. Economic Background
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
10.5. About ERC - a division of Canadean
10.6. DisclaimerList Of TablesN/AList Of FiguresN/A