Any compound used on a material surface to eliminate static charges is termed as an antistatic agent. It makes the material conductive either by being conductive in itself or by absorbing the moisture from the surrounding. These agents are biodegradable, free of sodium and potassium, and do not carry any environmental risk. The properties of antistatic agents are found in quaternary ammonium salt, long-chain aliphatic amines and amides, polyethylene glycol, esters of phosphoric acid, long-chain alkyl phenols, ethoxylated amine, and glycerol esters. These agents help to prevent sparks and are useful in the long-term protection of surfaces, to safeguard the electronic components from electrostatic dissipation, and help in preventing electrical discharges during the loading/transport of plastic packaging. These agents reduce the attraction, cohesion, and the adhesive property in a polymer. Both, the increasing demand in electronics and the industrial packaging industries, are contributing to the growth of the global antistatic agent market.
Global antistatic agents’ market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. The application segment includes electronics, industrial packaging, coating, gaming, military jet fuel, and digital signage. Geographically, the market is segmented across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. United States, Western Europe and Japan are witnessing a high growth in the market. Key players in the global antistatic agent market are BASF Chemical Company, Armostat, 3M Electronics, BTC, and Akzonobel.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the anti-static agents market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
The market is segmented on the basis of application and geography.
MARKET BY APPLICATION:
- Industrial packaging
- Coating of windows
- Military jet fuel
- Digital Signage
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY:
- North America
- Asia Pacific