This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Indonesian Confectionery sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Confectionery categories and their packaging.
- The Indonesian Confectionery market offers growth opportunities for manufacturers given the country's large population base and low per-capita consumption compared to neighboring South East Asian countries.
- Sugar Confectionery is the most valuable, as well as the fastest growing, category in the Confectionery market in Indonesia
- Rising disposable income and the evolving consumption patterns of consumers is driving the demand for indulgent and novel candies and Chocolates.
- Film and Bags/Sachets made of Flexible Packaging are the most commonly used packaging material for Confectionery in Indonesia.
- Growing influence from western cultures to drive demand of premium confectioneries
The overall per-capita Confectionery consumption in Indonesia is still low compared to other South East Asian countries such as South Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand, providing opportunities for manufacturers to expand given Indonesia's large population base. Sugar Confectionery is the largest category in the Indonesian Confectionery market and accounts for half of the overall market by value, which is further expected to gain market share over Chocolate and Gum categories.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Indonesian Confectionery sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
Table of ContentsExecutive Summary
- Macro economic analysis
- Overall value -volume analysis
- Value -volume analysis by categories
- Market share analysis
- Key trends
- Private label vs. national brand penetration
- Growth analysis
- Leading retailers
- Key distribution formats by categories
- Key packaging material and type
-Top packaging closures and outers
Leading players with market share
Data Appendix and Summary MethodologyList Of TablesNAList Of FiguresNA